Criminal Defence Solicitor – Advocate
Maciej joined Olliers Solicitors in 2018. He has been working in criminal defence since 2013 and qualified as a Solicitor in 2016. Maciej then progressed further and gained Higher Rights of Audience in 2017 allowing him to represent clients before all criminal courts in England and Wales.
Maciej is a confident and skilled advocate with considerable experience in defending all types of allegations, ranging from minor offences to serious crimes. He is regularly instructed to act for clients at police stations, Magistrates’ Court and Crown Court across the country. Maciej provides representation on both a privately funded and legally aided basis.
Maciej is recognised for his direct, professional and sensitive approach when acting for his clients during all stages of criminal investigation and proceedings. He is conscious of the negative effects that the contact with the police or courts may have on his clients, and takes their individual needs into account when representing their interests.
Specialist serious crime solicitor
Maciej is a specialist in dealing with serious and organised crime and has an impressive record of successfully defending allegations of rape, grievous bodily harm, firearms offences, money laundering and conspiracies to supply drugs. These are very demanding and difficult cases which require the highest level of preparation and attention to detail. Maciej has proved many times that his methodical approach to each case and attention to detail, produce positive results for his clients.
When dealing with high calibre cases, it is often necessary to obtain an expert report commenting on certain evidential points. Over the years, Maciej built a strong network of experts which enabled him to present and rely on detailed reports which very often made the difference between conviction and acquittal.
Polish speaking solicitor
Maciej is a Polish solicitor who qualified in the UK and built up his practice on defending serious cases. Maciej is bilingual and is able to discuss cases with Polish clients without relying on interpreters and without any risk that something may get lost in translation.
- R v J – 2018 – represented two defendants charged with murder, manslaughter, robbery and kidnap.
- R v H – 2018 – acquittal of a young man charged with robbery and false imprisonment.
- R v H – 2017 – secured a non-custodial sentence for a client charged with possession of ammunition.
- R v H – 2017- acquittal of a music producer charged with conspiracy to supply class A drugs.
- R v L – 2017- acquittal of a man charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent by driving his car into a motorcycle.
- R v B – 2016– successfully defended a malicious allegation of rape against a young man, who was acquitted by the jury after 40 minutes of deliberation.
- R v S – 2016- represented a suspect facing allegations of historic rape. No charges brought following a series of police interviews.
Click here to read Maciej’s page in Polish.