Ruth Peters: Director of Business Development and Marketing
Ruth leads the business development team at Olliers across all areas of specialism. Ruth is the Manchester Legal Awards 2021 Solicitor of the Year.
She has been with the firm for more than 15 years and has an enviable level of experience across the entire spectrum of criminal defence. Ruth often deals with the initial stages of cases for privately funded clients who are seeking the very best criminal defence representation in relation to variety of offences including indecent images, sexual offences and domestic assault allegations.
Ruth is known for her calm, approachable, down to earth and reassuring manner. She understands that for many clients this is the most difficult period of their life and seeks to handle their cases with the upmost sensitivity and understanding. Clients are able to rely on Ruth and trust her to get them through the most difficult period of their lives.
Ruth is able to guide clients in relation to the processes of the criminal justice system, timescales and advise how Olliers can advise and assist as a case progresses. She can provide detailed quotations for each stage of a case and advise how Olliers pro-active strategic approach can be implemented to benefit a case and potentially avoid a prosecution.
Ruth only acts for clients on a privately funded basis and does not act on a legally aided basis.
Acting for professionals
Ruth acts for an extensive number of professional clients who are under investigation by the police in relation to a variety of criminal allegations.The firm specialises in defending clients at this stage of proceedings including but not limited to sexual offences, images offences, assault matters and other serious allegations. She understands the implication of prosecution for professionals and where appropriate will seek to make representations to the prosecution at the pre-charge stage where either prosecution is not in the public interest or there is not a realistic prospect of conviction.
- On contacting Olliers I was spoken to by Ruth Peters who listened to my circumstances and was very professional and took as much time as needed to be able to reassure me that I was not alone and that they could help with the allegations from a pro-active perspective. Ruth explained fully how they could help and along with a clear knowledge of fees and any payment plans, the confidence Ruth gave me about my situation clearly had an immediate impact on me and I felt I had someone looking after me. Ruth explained what would happen next which took a lot of pressure off me which also impacted on my family for the best. I felt the way my initial inquiry was handled was excellent.
- Olliers Solicitors and in particular Ruth Peters was instrumental from the outset in helping me to achieve the desired outcome with my legal matter. The initial phone consultation was very positive and informative and I felt extremely confident from speaking with Ruth. Additionally the advice was of a consistently high standard compared with other firms I had consulted with, and on reflection I had zero concerns during the process to resolve my issues. Extremely delighted with their professionalism, service and support from the moment we spoke to the conclusion of the matter concerned. I would thoroughly recommend this company and for anyone requiring assistance to give them a call.”
- “Ruth showed exceptional dedication and was very thorough with all her working giving me confidence in her dealing of the matter.”
- “Thank you so much for the excellent work you produced. I have been sitting nervous and worried for the past few months but your hard work and dedication towards my matter has been fantastic. Keep up the good work.”
- “Thank you so much Ruth. You have been fantastic and so approachable when I have been worrying and anxious. I cannot thank you enough for all your hard work and reassurance.”
The Law Society involvement
In 2016 Ruth worked with the Law Society in promoting the solicitor profession and featured in their video content.
Law Society ‘Use a Solicitor’ Campaign
Ruth has previously been one of the faces of the Law Society’s ‘Solicitor. Here to Help’ campaign encouraging member of the public to use solicitors and aiming to break down the perception that solicitors are out of reach for some people.
“I have always felt that the public image of solicitors was that we are unapproachable, intimidating, stuffy and scary, so when I was asked if I would like to support the campaign to change that image I was happy to help.”
Click here to read more.
- “Ruth’s guidance and assistance with this case has been invaluable. Her understanding and supportive nature made me feel so comfortable and she was a pleasure to deal with. She offered sincere and sound advice throughout. I am extremely grateful for everything. Thank you.”
- “Ruth was amazing and I simply cannot thank her enough. I was so anxious over the whole situation yet every time I spoke to Ruth she managed to put me at ease. She never made me feel like I was being silly and had so much patience with me. She was fantastic in court and was so much support to me at a very difficult time in my life.”
- “I cannot thank Ruth Peters enough for the unbelievable service and support she has provided me throughout my drink driving offence case. The loss of my licence would have changed my life completely – not in a positive way – I cannot put into words how grateful I am for the not guilty outcome.”
- “Without Ruth’s preparation of my case, knowledge of the law, plus her tenacity, I have no doubt that my trial would have had a completely different outcome.”
- “I just want to again thank Ruth and Olliers for everything, they have been amazing! I would not hesitate to recommend your services to anyone in the same situation.”
Articles by Ruth Peters
- Olliers to host criminal law careers advice webinars
- Can I really be added to the DBS Barred List?
- I’ve been NFA’d – is that the end of the matter?
- I’ve been placed on the DBS Barred List – can I appeal?