At Olliers our team of specialist professional discipline lawyers have significant experience across a broad variety of sectors. We have significant experience of dealing with doctors, pharmacists, dentists, healthcare professionals, teachers, lawyers and many more.
We deal with cases nationwide and take a pro-active approach to the defence of proceedings before your professional regulator. We understand how daunting such proceedings can be for professionals who have spent many years progressing their careers. We take pride in our ability to deal with such cases sensitively and empathetically and always seek to conclude matters at the earliest possible opportunity.
What types of professional discipline cases do Olliers deal with?
Our experienced professional can assist with the following regulatory bodies:
- Solicitors’ Regulatory Authority (SRA)
- Bar Standards Board (BSB)
- Sports Professionals
- Accountancy & Actuarial Discipline Board (AADB)
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accounting (CIPFA)
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- General Optical Council (GOC)
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- General Chiropractic Council (GCC)
- General Dental Council (GDC)
- General Osteopathic Council (GOsC)
- Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- Chartered Institute of Accountants of England & Wales Disciplinary Committee (ICAEW)
- Teaching Regulation Agency
When should I instruct Olliers?
Whilst Olliers are often instructed at short notice and are happy to assist you at a late stage in proceedings, we would always advise seeking specialist advise at the earliest possible opportunity. If you are aware you are facing an investigation by your professional regulator, or are concerned this may be imminent, we would suggest you contact us for a no obligation, confidential discussion as soon as possible to safeguard your position. It may be that written responses are required to be submitted to your regulator and this is something Olliers can be instructed to undertake on your behalf.
How can Olliers assist me?
Olliers can assist, advise and represent you at all stage of proceedings from initial instigation though to full misconduct hearings. We aim to provide clear advice at every stage of the process.
We can assist with the following types of allegations of misconduct:
- Breaches of professional standards
- Financial misconduct
- Criminal convictions
- Conflicts of interest
Criminal investigations for professionals
If you are a professional facing a criminal investigation, Olliers can assist you with both the criminal investigation and the often parallel professional discipline proceedings. With our experience of professional disciplinary proceedings we seek to ensure that the strategy employed during the criminal stage of proceedings will not jeopardise your position at a later stage before your regulator.
Our team of expert lawyers can help you with:
- immediate advice and assistance if you are arrested;
- proactive representation throughout any police investigation;
- representation at the Magistrates’ or Crown Court if you are prosecuted;
- advice at the initial stages of investigation by your regulator;
- representation at a misconduct hearing;
- advice on the prospect of media coverage relating to your case
Our competitive fee rates ensure our professional services are affordable and provide value for money.
Often, funding can be arranged either by way of specialised medical insurance or, on occasion, by virtue of a household insurance policy. Olliers are able to advise you and, if required, liaise with your insurance company in order to secure funding on your behalf.
- 2021 – Proceedings before the TRA
- 2020 – Fitness to Practice Hearing before the Medical Practitioner’s Tribunal Service (MPTS)
- 2020 -Representation of solicitor in connection with the potential criminal / regulatory issues that might arise from a misconduct complaint made against him by an employee of the firm of Solicitors of which A was an Equity Partner.
- 2020 – Proceedings before the Medical Practitioner’s Tribunal Service (MPTS)
- 2020 – Police Misconduct Hearing following conviction of serving police officer for sexual offences
- 2020 – Proceedings before the Teaching Regulation Authority (TRAe
- Representation of solicitor facing SRA investigation as a result of text messages sent to client in custody. Following representations our client did not face prosecution before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal (SDT).