Nathalie Potter – Business Development and DBS Fee earner
Nathalie is an integral part of Olliers having been with the firm for more than 15 years. Nathalie is a key member of the Business Development Team and is able to guide clients in relation to the processes of the criminal justice system, timescales and advise how Olliers can advise and assist as a case progresses. She specifically works alongside Olliers’ Business Development Lead Ruth Peters and is often the first point of contact for prospective new clients. She is able to advise how Olliers pro-active strategic approach can be implemented to benefit a case and potentially avoid a prosecution.
In addition to her role within business development Nathalie also deals with DBS and motoring matters:
Nathalie deals with the following types of cases:
- Motoring cases including drink driving, drug driving, speeding
- Disclosure & Barring Service cases: Minded to Bar/Intention to include on Barred List referrals
- Applications for record deletion (deletion of arrest record and biometrics)
Clients frequently comment upon Nathalie’s helpful nature and how she is always prepared to go ‘the extra mile’ to assist with their enquiries. Nathalie understands the worries that clients face and has an empathetic and sensitive nature in dealing with their queries and concerns.
- 2021 – JA – successfully avoided inclusion on the vulnerable adults barred list for a carer following three matters of safeguarding concerns within the workplace
- 2021 – MA – successfully avoided inclusion on the children’s barred list for a mosque leader following two reported incidents of assault within the workplace
- 2021 – CO – successfully avoided inclusion on both the vulnerable adults and children’s barred list for a carer following three reported incidents within the workplace
- 2021 – CC – successful removal of PNC records in relation to false arrest for possession of indecent images
- 2021 – RM – successfully avoided inclusion on both the vulnerable adults and children’s barred list for a carer following seven allegations of abuse within the workplace
- 2021 – JM – successfully avoided inclusion on the vulnerable adults barred list for a carer following four matters of safeguarding concerns within the workplace
- 2021 – IK – successful application for removal of PNC records in relation to conspiracy to supply controlled drugs and conspiracy to conceal criminal property
Nathalie regularly receives extremely positive feedback from clients due to the high level of support she always provides:
- From the bottom of my heart thank you for taking the time to take on my case and having faith and belief. The last 18 months have been so dark in some aspects for me and to now have been given the BEST outcome possible that I could have ever imagined is an out of this world present – the best Christmas present! I cannot imagine how busy you were and still are, but I feel very privileged to have had you and your firm represent me as I know how very distinguished you are in these sorts of cases.
- Thank you so much for your help. The DBS referral was written and the case came to a very satisfactory conclusion in a timely manner and the person concerned can now continue with her career and put the incident behind her. All our family is very grateful to Nathalie and we have no hesitation in recommending her to anyone needing help with a DBS referral.