Specialist Road Traffic Law Solicitors – Manchester & London
Motor Law is an extremely niche and specialised area and it is essential that you receive accurate advice before making any decisions as this could make a real difference to you and the end result.
If you have been caught or charged with drink driving, speeding, careless driving or any other allegation be sure to contact us straight away. This allows us to quickly and thoroughly assess the options that are available for your defence.
Advice & Guidance Motoring Law
At Olliers, we appreciate that the prospect of a motoring prosecution can be an extremely stressful situation, particularly if you are dependent upon your driving licence. Our lawyers will not bombard you with legal jargon but explain your situation to you as frankly as possible.
We are able to provide comprehensive advice and/or representation for any motoring allegation in England and Wales and are happy to offer you free advice to discuss your options with you. Please call us on 0808 168 0017 and one of our lawyers will be able to help you.
The Motor Law Department represent clients on a privately paid basis in both the Magistrates’ and Crown Courts throughout England and Wales and we have substantial experience in relation to all aspects of motoring law with our specialist team dealing with motoring prosecutions, including (but not limited to):
- Drink driving
- Drug driving
- Dangerous driving
- Failing to provide a specimen
- Failing to stop
- No insurance
Need a Specialist Motoring Lawyer?
Specialist Road Traffic Solicitor Ruth Peters regularly appears in courts across England and Wales helping clients navigate the often-intimidating court process. Ruth frequently represents clients at risk of disqualification under the totting up provisions and has an outstanding success rate meaning that the majority of her clients can drive away from court with their licence intact. Ruth attributes this success to the extensive preparation undertaken in advance of every court appearance so that she is in a position to evidence all of a particular client’s individual circumstances.
Ruth has a particular specialism in defending alcohol related allegations. She has a detailed understanding of the various technical defences and legal loopholes available to clients and is able to scrutinise the prosecution evidence to establish exactly which defences are available in individual cases with a particular interest in drink drive cases involving the analysis of blood samples.
Contact our Motoring Law Solicitors
Contact our motoring law team to arrange a confidential discussion in relation to drink driving, drug driving speeding or any other motoring law matter. You can also visit our specialist motoring site for further information.
Information in relation to fees to comply with Rule 1 of the SRA Transparency Rules
(Price Information to comply with Rule 1 of the SRA Transparency Rules)
In any case where a defendant enters a guilty plea, the amount of work is significantly reduced. We therefore charge a fixed fee of £1200 +VAT to deal with the entire case through to conclusion***
Services included with this option include:
- 2 hours attendance/preparation:
- considering evidence
- taking your instructions
- providing advice on likely sentence
- Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court
The fee does not include:
- instruction of any expert witnesses
- taking statements from any witnesses
- advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
- advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
- Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
- Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary (this will have an additional cost).
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court. We anticipate being at court for half a day.
- We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.