Martha Odysseos – Trainee Solicitor
Martha joined the firm in April 2021 after completing an internship at Olliers in the summer of 2020. She was initially a part of the Litigation Support team before starting her training contract in September 2021. Martha is also a member of the Corporate Social Responsibility Team.
Martha undertook her Legal Practice Course (LPC) part-time whilst at Olliers successfully passing with Distinction in Summer 2023. Prior to this, Martha completed a degree in English Literature at the University of Reading where she was also the Deputy Editor of the student newspaper. She then went on to undertake an MA in Law (GDL equivalent) at the University of Law. Martha’s research topic focused on the use of special measures for vulnerable witnesses in the criminal courts.
Before joining the firm, Martha gained experience working in the Magistrates Court as well as undertaking voluntary work with the University of Law’s Pro Bono Clinic.
Martha has already been involved in a number of different cases in both the Magistrates and the Crown Court. Martha has also gained experience in pre-charge investigations as well as DBS matters and inquiries.
Martha is also currently in the process of undertaking the police station accreditation alongside our internal pre-charge accreditation.
- R v IY 2023 – assisting in the preparing of a grooming trial where the defendant was acquitted after a 3-month trial at Manchester Minshull Street
- R v HB 2023 – assisting in a pre-charge case where the client was NFA’d for allegations of making off without payment and being drunk in charge of a child
- R v KP 2023 – represented client who received a non-custodial sentence for a s.18 GBH
- R v JD 2023 – assisted in the preparation of a rape and controlling &coercive behaviour trial where the defendant was acquitted after trial
- HF – 2023 avoided inclusion in the children’s barred list for a teacher who had historic sexual relations with a student.
- R v MB 2023 – represented a defendant who received a fine for dangerous driving matter following a guilty plea
- R v ST 2023 – assisted in the preparation of an assault case where the defendant was acquitted after trial.
- R v TS 2023 – assisted in the preparation of a historical sexual assault trial where the defendant was acquitted after trial
- R v DW 2023 – represented client who received a non-custodial sentence for PWITS class B and represented client in relation to POCA proceedings
- NW 2023 – Represented client at the police station who received no further action in relation to an allegation of ABH
- CV 2023 – conditional caution given to client following police station interview who was found to be in possession of Category A Indecent Images of Children (IIOC)
- R V JJ 2022 – represented defendant in a failure to provide case which was discontinued on day of trial after lengthy representations made
- R v R 2022 – Involved in the preparation of a conspiracy to supply drugs case where proceedings were dropped after a half way submission.
- R v M 2022 – involved in the preparation of an inquest case.
- R v F 2022 – involved in the preparation of an ABH case where the clients were acquitted after trial.
- Client R – 2022 – successfully avoided inclusion on the DBS Minded to Bar list for historic convictions including blackmail, theft and abandonment of a child.
- Client W – 2022 – successfully avoided inclusion on the Children’s barred list following safeguarding concerns in the workplace.
- Client J – 2022 – successful application to remove record of arrest in relation to indecent images of children
- Client N –2022- successful application to remove record of arrest
- J v DBS – involved in preparation of DBS appeal where our client’s name was removed from both the Adult and Children’s Barred lists.
- R v C – involved in preparation of case for mitigation where our client received a significantly lower custodial sentence than anticipated.
- R v N 2021 – involved in the preparation of a causing or allowing the death of a child case.
- R v R 2021 – involved in the preparation of a conspiracy to supply drugs case.
- R v D 2021 – successfully avoided a custodial sentence for client after guilty pleas for third possession of a knife offence.
- R v J 2021 – involved in the preparation of an exceptional hardship case where the client successfully avoided disqualification.
- R v M 2021 – involved in the preparation of a drunk in charge case where the client successfully avoided disqualification.
- Experienced in preparation of representations to the TRA.
- Involved in preparation of pre-charge cases.
- Experienced in drafting applications to discharge Sexual Harm Prevention Orders.
- “Following the successful outcome in Birkenhead last week I wanted to write to both yourself and Ruth to say thank you for your advice and support over the last couple of months. I was also very grateful for you joining me on the day as that gentle support was very valuable to me.”
- “Good luck with your professional endeavours. The only thing I can say, in fact guarantee, is if you care as much as I have experienced this week, in whatever else you may do, you will succeed.”
- “I wanted to thank you for all your fantastic and hard work help and support for my case.”
- “Thank you so much I really appreciate the effort that you put to help me and support me through the process”