Our Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA) specialist solicitors have experience of advising and representing teachers who have been accused of ‘serious misconduct’ and understand the far-reaching consequences for your career.
We take a pro-active approach to defending cases and our multidisciplinary team specialise in representing professionals who may also be subject to criminal investigation. We are able to represent teachers at all stages of the criminal process and advise on ow such proceedings may impact upon proceedings before the TRA.
Olliers is firmly established as one of the UK’s leading criminal defence and regulatory law firms. We are based in Manchester with facilities in London and our client base is nationwide.
What is the role of the Teaching Regulation Authority?
The Teaching Regulation Authority (TRA) was formally known as the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL). The function of the TRA is to investigate cases of serious teacher misconduct and decide whether to refer a case to a Professional Conduct Panel. The panel then investigates whether a prohibition order should be issued. The TRA will also decide whether to impose an interim order whilst they are investigating allegations against teachers.
How can Olliers’ TRA lawyers help me?
Our TRA solicitors can guide and represent you whatever the stage of an investigation you may be at.
We can help with the following:
- Advising teachers at the beginning of an investigation
- Preparing written reservations
- Representation of teachers at the police station for a voluntary interview
- Representation of teachers who have been released under investigation
- Representation of teachers before the criminal courts
- Responding to a notice of referral
- Representation at interim proceedings
- Representation at hearings before the TRA Professional Conduct Panel
- Making representations to the Disclosure & Barring Service in relation to a ‘minded to bar’ referral
- Advising on appeal in relation to decisions of the TRA’s Professional Conduct Panel
- Representation at appeals before the High Court
Our professional disciplinary team
Our professional disciplinary team deal with the full range of professional disciplinary investigations including:
- The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- The General Dental Council (GDC)
- The General Medical Council (GMC)
- The General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- The Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA)
- The Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA)
- The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
Contact our professional disciplinary team
We understand the stress and anxiety that those subject to TRA proceedings will be going through and are happy to have a confidential initial discussion with you to discuss your options and suggest a clear defence strategy from the outset.