Zita Spencer, criminal defence solicitor
Zita Spencer has been part of the team at Olliers since 2003 and has swiftly gained a formidable reputation as a first class, dynamic solicitor who has defended in some of the most high profile cases of recent years.
Zita provides outstanding defence and expertise in the following areas:
- Fraud and financial crime: money laundering, conspiracy to defraud, restraint orders, SFO investigations
- Serious crime: murder, violence, conspiracy to supply drugs
- Sexual allegations: historic abuse, human trafficking, rape, grooming, sexual communications, indecent images, SHPO, notifications requirements.
- Tachograph/ Transport offences: causing false records to be made, failing to record data, using a false instrument
Zita is known for meticulous preparation and exceptional attention to detail. She leaves no stone unturned in achieving the best possible result for her clients.
Zita is a member of the Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers.
Zita in the Media
As a highly experienced specialist lawyer, Zita is often asked to comment on topical issues by the Media.
- Click here to read Zita quoted in the Independent discussing the legality of sugar daddy dating websites.
- Click here to read Zita quoted in the Independent discussing the legality of teenagers ‘sexting’.
Successful Criminal Defence
- Secured the outright acquittal of a North West couple charged with 39 offences of rape and other serious sexual offences. Read Article
- Acquittal in a multi-handed conspiracy to rape case after a half time submission regarding the correct approach of the law on conspiracy to rape. Read Article
- Counsel: ‘Zita is an outstanding solicitor committed to her clients. I have worked with Zita on serious cases for many years and she is quite exceptional. She quickly masters the detail of a case and provides sound advice. Her preparation is second to none and she has a manner which puts clients at their ease. She provides all this with wit and insight. She is an excellent lawyer and an absolute asset to any case she is on.’
- ‘In closing it was nice meeting you although the situation could have been better and again I thank you for your valued assistance. Best wishes’
- ‘Zita, Just wanted to say thank you again for your help and support.’
- ‘Words of gratitude to Olliers cannot be expressed highly enough who represented me v four fraud indictments… Olliers solicitor, Zita Spencer, is to be highly commended’’
- ‘I wanted to thank you for defending me on Monday.. Thankyou for the advice…. Sad is it sounds I was so glad to be back to work yesterday haha…. Many Thanks for all your help once again!’
- R v AW & KH, 2018: £800,000 fraud case involving 36 defendants and multiple trials. Case is on-going.
- R v RD, 2017: Representation of defendant accused of murder involving detailed phone analysis and forensic work.
- R v MJ, 2017: Money laundering investigation following the Dale Cregan trial below. Multiple defendants accused of laundering the proceeds of crime through property transactions.
- R v FL, 2016: large scale multi-handed drugs conspiracy spanning the length of the country with trial held at Southampton Crown Court.
- R v Commons, February 2015: Client accused under the Terrorism Act 2000. Read more
- R v Dale Cregan, June 2013: Representation of a defendant accused in a multi handed murder trial – client acquitted. Read more
- Operation Viola, 2008: Defence of client accused in a high profile gangland murder. Read more
Tel: 0161 834 1515
Fax: 0161 839 0804