Janet O’Keefe – office manager
Janet is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives and has been qualified for over 20 years. Janet is responsible for the firm’s Lexcel compliance and all aspects of the firm’s practice management.
In addition to her role as office manger, Janet also deals with new enquiries, ongoing investigations and working alongside the firm’s most senior solicitors. Janet specifically works alongside Ruth Peters and is often the first point of contact for prospective new clients.
Janet deals with the following types of cases:
- Motoring cases including drink driving, drug driving, speeding
- Disclosure & Barring Service cases: Minded to Bar/Intention to include on Barred List referrals
- Applications for record deletion (deletion of arrest record and biometrics)
- Applications for removal of restraining orders
- Applications for varying/discharge SHPO/SOPO
- Applications for removal from Sex Offenders Register (notification requirements)
Clients frequently comment upon Janet’s helpful nature and how she is always prepared to go ‘the extra mile’ to assist with their enquiries. Janet understands the worries that clients face and has an empathetic and sensitive nature in dealing with their queries and concerns. Janet is also able to assist with referrals for areas of work Olliers do not specialise in due to her extensive connections from many years within the profession.
“I would like to thank Olliers and in particular Janet who was always there to provide an update to me. The case was extremely stressful for me but I always knew that I could contact the firm and speak to Janet who was always willing to listen to me and always treated me with respect.”