Alex Close-Claughton, Caseworker
Alex joined Olliers in 2014 after completing his studies at the University of Leeds.
He handles a Crown Court caseload in his role as caseworker in our crown court department.
Alex also regularly attends the police station for interviews and participates in the 24 hour rota for police stations.
He has experience of dealing with a wide range of matters including murder, firearms offences, serious assaults, armed robberies and serious drug matters including conspiracies and country lines cases.
Alex deals with both privately and publicly funded work and he has a high success rate of gaining positive pre-charge outcomes for clients.
Alex in the Media
Alex is quoted in the Law Society Gazette discussing the succession crisis in criminal law and the advantages of the apprenticeship scheme. Click here to read the article.
- R v G – 2019 – Represented defendant accused of Conspiracy to Supply Class A drugs. Client acquitted after trial
- R v T – 2019 – Advised prominent YouTuber in relation to the legality of The Boring Companys ‘Not a FlameThrower
- R v R – 2019 – Represented Youth defendant accused of multiple serious assaults, firearms and robberies.
- R v V – 2018 – Represented defendant accused of dangerous driving resulting in serious collision, successfully secured suspended sentence for client.
- R v Z – 2018 – Involved in preparation of Trading Standards Case, successfully secured acquittal for client at trial.
- R v R – 2018 – Represented client accused of serious firearms offences.
- R v I – 2018 – Represented client accused of gang style murder.
- R v S – 2018 – Pre-charge representations and submission of telephone evidence to police assisted in in securing a no further action decision for client accused of rape.
- R v D – 2018 – Pre-charge representations assisted in securing a no further action decision by police for suspect accused of GBH.
- R v I – 2017 – Successfully secured a no further action decision by police for client accused of murder amongst other offences.
- R v N – 2017 – Represented client accused of murder.
- R v W and others – 2016 – advised multiple clients accused of a serious conspiracy to commit armed robbery and money laundering.
- R v D – 2016 – Represented client accused of murder.
- R v C – 2016 – Mobile phone analysis again helped to secure an acquittal for defendant on money laundering and supplying class A drugs charges.
- R v C – 2015 – Evidence forwarded by the defence from the mobile phone of the defendant as well as those of co-accused helped to secure a not guilty verdict possession of intent to supply class A drugs at trial.
- R v J – 2015 – Involved in the preparation of a terrorism case that was heard at the Old Bailey.
Articles written by Alex Close-Claughton