As a Senior Crown Prosecutor, Nicola held various lead roles including Hate Crime, Domestic Abuse and Youth Crime. Nicola was specially trained in Rape & Serious Sexual Assault (RASSO) and was responsible for providing pre-charge advice to the police for many years.
Nicola was a lead within the Youth Court and a Magistrates’ Court Advocate. She covered many of the most serious cases including murder, death by dangerous driving, multiple handed covert drugs operations, fraud, rape, sexual offences and indecent image cases.
Nicola was responsible for providing pre-charge advice to the police for many years from its inception.
Nicola re-joined Olliers as a Senior Associate and brings with her a wealth of knowledge, experience and the advantage of having worked as both a defence and prosecuting lawyer.
Nicola’s extensive experience includes case review of the most serious allegations such as murder, death by dangerous driving, fraud and multi-handed cases. She also has areas of specialism including Rape & Serious Sexual Assault (including indecent images), Hate Crime, Domestic Violence and more recently Appeals & Miscarriages of Justice.
At Olliers Nicola will be specialising in representing clients at the pre-charge investigative stage particularly in relation to allegations of a sexual nature, domestic allegations and cases involving indecent imagesas well as Magistrates Court Advocacy and Police Station Representation in private client cases.
Nicola also specialises in the preparation of coronial law Coroner Court Inquest cases, General Medical Council Tribunal hearings and applications to vary or discharge Sexual Harm Prevention Orders.
Recent Cases – Pre Charge Engagement
- Client K 2023 – Rape & controlling behaviour. Pre-charge engagement and new evidence put during second police interview. No further action from Police without seeking CPS advice
- Client Z 2023 – Sexual assault. Representation pre interview
- Client A 2023 – Youth IIOC – diversion May 2023
- Client B 2023 – Rape NFA Jun 2023
- Client C 2023 – Domestic inciting sexual behaviour, strangulation and controlling coercive – NFA July 2023
- Client D 2023 – Domestic controlling & coercive and assault (child) [reps served in relation to assault but decision made by police before PCE re CCB]
- Client E 2023 – Historic rape – No further action
- Client F 2023 – Domestic assault – No further action
- Client G 2023 – Domestic controlling & coercive behaviour. Neurodiverse client – No further action
- Client H 2023 – Domestic – rape, controlling & coercive behaviour and assault – No further action
- Client I 2023 – DV assault. Multiple assaults amounting to section 18 grievous bodily harm with intent, strangulation – No further action
- Client J 2023 – Rape (multiple) and controlling & coercive behaviour (domestic matter). No further action
Articles written by Nicola
“I had previously been to another criminal solicitor who had told me there would most likely be a charge for my case. I was worried about the potential impact of this on my career, so I did my research and found out about Olliers Solicitors and pre-charge engagement.
Nicola was assigned to my case and she did an amazing job with my pre-charge engagement. Case was closed with no further action. I would give 6 stars if I could.”
“The past few months have been one of the most stressful periods of my life was when a jilted ex accused me of a multitude of offences, wrongfully. I’m really glad I had Nicola in my corner. Nicola has been truly fantastic from the initial consultation when I felt like my head was going to explode through every single step of the way she’s made things clear, examined the facts, been there to answer questions and worked tirelessly until the entire case was rightfully brought to a No Further Action verdict. Can’t recommend enough”
“Under Nicola’s guidance, a meticulously crafted pre-charge engagement representation unfolded, showcasing her remarkable attention to detail and legal acumen. The subsequent months of anticipation further illuminated her unwavering dedication. I am pleased to report that my case was ultimately resolved with a “No Further Action” verdict, an accomplishment that was reached even before the matter was referred to the CPS. Nicola’s insightful legal insights and methodical approach were pivotal in achieving this favourable outcome. Nicola has been truly fantastic from the initial consultation when I felt like my head was going to explode through every single step of the way she’s made things clear, examined the facts, been there to answer questions and worked tirelessly until the entire case was rightfully brought to a No Further Action verdict. Can’t recommend enough. Pre-charge representations were made to the police by Nicola Bruce, including evidence that contradicted the allegations. Five weeks after his interview the police confirmed no further action and the case was dropped, this was much faster than I had expected. It made a real difference to know that someone other than his family, was batting on my son’s behalf.”