Eleanor studied Law at the University of Manchester graduating with a First Class Honours LLB in Summer 2023.
In 2022, alongside her studies, she worked at a personal injury law firm. She also volunteered at the Legal Advice Centre at the University of Manchester, providing advice to clients.
Eleanor undertook the internship with Olliers in Summer 2023, and particularly enjoyed attending the Magistrates’ Court. Her blog written about the internship can be found here.
Eleanor joins the specialist Disclosure & Barring Service Team at Olliers who represent clients facing DBS Barring Investigations and assist clients applying to clear their Police National Computer (PNC) record.
She is excited about commencing her legal career at Olliers, as she is passionate about criminal law, and helping clients achieve positive results!
- 2023 – SZ – DBS Minded to Bar case whereby the client has been accused of stealing from a service user and falling asleep on shift
- 2023 – TW – PNC appeal in relation to application for record deletion in which the police initially refused to delete the record of arrest for an allegation of domestic violence and controlling and coercive behaviour
- 2023 – OO – Successfully kept off the Barred Lists whereby the client has allegedly fallen asleep on shift, not completed nights checks and falsified signatures
- 2023 – LO – PNC application for record deletion following an allegation of domestic violence and controlling and coercive behaviour
- 2023 – JM – Successfully kept off the Barred Lists whereby the client is accused of sending inappropriate messages to a number of pupils
- 2023 – RM – Submitting a Subject Access Request application to determine what information the police hold in relation to our client
- 2023 – KM – PNC application for record deletion following historic allegations of sexual offences against a family member together with an historic caution for battery
- 2023 – NM – PNC application for record deletion following historic allegation of sexual abuse against a family member having been found not guilty after trial
- 2023 – II and AI – DBS Minded to Bar cases whereby both clients are accused of locking a service user in their bedroom
- 2023 – SH – Successfully avoided inclusion on DBS Adult’s and Children’s Barred Lists whereby whereby the client is accused of creating and sending a racist video whilst employed by the NHS
- 2023 – JH – PNC application for record deletion following accusation of sexual assault against a minor
- 2023 – GB – DBS minded to bar case whereby the client has been accused of either deliberately or recklessly harming their newborn baby
- 2023 – MA – PNC application for record removal following allegations of harassment
- 2023 – GR – DBS appeal against barring decision in which the client has been included on a barred list for neglect by failing to administer end of life medication and failing to provide adequate level of care
- 2023 – CT – Successfully avoided inclusion on the Vulnerable Adults Barred List following accusations of slapping and verbally abusing an elderly service user