Lily Grundy, Trainee Solicitor
Lily previously trained at the English National Ballet School before completing a degree at Middlesex University. She then undertook a Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) and the Legal Practice Course (LPC) at the University of Law.
Before joining the firm, Lily undertook voluntary work with the Greater Manchester Law Centre and worked as a paralegal.
Lily is now a Probationary Police Station Representative and regularly attends police stations to advise clients and represent them during police interview.
As part of her training programme, Lily regularly attends both the magistrates’ court and crown court and is involved in the preparation of cases for trial.
As part of her structured training contract programme, she is gaining experience in the full spectrum of criminal defence work and regulatory law.
Watch this space!
- R v H – 2019 – Involved in the preparation of a murder case in which the accused was found to be unfit to stand trial. This led to a finding of fact hearing resulting in a Hospital Order.
- R v C – 2019 – Involved in the preparation of a historic sexual assault case which resulted in the accused being acquitted following trial.
- R v W – 2019 – Involved in the preparation of a people trafficking case.
- R v C – 2019 – Involved in the preparation of a modern slavery case resulting in a Slavery and Trafficking Risk Order. The accused was not subject to criminal proceedings.
- R v A – 2020 – Involved in the preparation of a proceeds of crime case. On the first day of trial, the case was dropped against the client.
- R v A – 2020 – Involved in the preparation of a protest case.
- R v D – 2020 – Involved in the preparation of a rape case.