David Abbott, Head of Corporate Social Responsibility and Wellness
David joined Olliers Solicitors in 1982, qualifying in 1984 and spent many years as a partner of Olliers working within our Magistrates’ Court and Crown Court departments. He recently taken up the post of Head of Corporate Social Responsibility.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
David oversee the creation and implementation of Olliers’ social responsibility objectives. He is responsible for developing a programme of philanthropy and coordinating our volunteer efforts.
Previous charitable projects
Over the last few years Olliers has been involved in the following charitable projects:
- Archaeological dig with the Salford Archaeological and Castlefield Forum – September 2018
- Regularly participating in gardening for the Friends of the Roman Gardens
- Peak District Challenge 50KM walk 23.9.17
- Raising money through Macmillan Coffee Mornings on number of occasions.
- Getting involved with the Shoebox Project with Manchester Street Angels– this involved making up shoebox presents for the homeless and their animals so that they would receive a gift at Christmas
- Volunteering at the Booth Centre ( local community centre run with and for people affected by homelessness) in all departments such as cooking, serving meals, assisting with IT, assisting with sewing and English classes
- Yorkshire 3 Peak Challenge
- Manchester Legal Walk 10km annual event
- Participating in a Charity Quiz Night to raise monies for vulnerable children in Swaziland
- The Great Legal Bake with the profits going to North West Legal Support Trust.
- We have raised money for NWLST previously through the Legal Walk. It is an organisation which helps to fund free legal advice centres which assist people in connection with issues including housing, homelessness, discrimination and trafficking.
Our firm is only as healthy as our employees.
David is responsible for raising standards of employee satisfaction and promoting a general culture of wellness. We have taken steps to promote this with the launch of the Health Assured Scheme access for all staff and family.
Olliers aims to provide a happy working environment for its employees and this has been achieved by:
- Good employee relations
- Regular review of training needs – the firm is committed to giving every member of staff the opportunity of fulfilling their potential
- Providing funding and time off work to attend courses
- Encouraging staff to develop areas of specialism
- Open door policy
- Good internal communications
- Equal opportunities
- Health and Safety Procedures
- Flexible working patterns to assist with childcare
- Flexible working patterns to assist employees with their individual charitable work
Up and coming events organised by David
- A trip to the RHS gardens in Worsley – 16 June 2021
- Art Gallery trip
- Stockport air raid shelters trip
- The Olliers pub quiz – September 2021
- The Olliers gardening club
- Peak District hike