Olliers Solicitors, Third Floor, 196 Deansgate, Manchester M3 3WF.
35 Hours per week: Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17.00hrs with a 1-hour lunch break (fixed hours, office based, no remote working in probation period)
Olliers Solicitors is recruiting for a paralegal to join our specialist Disclosure and Barring Service department in delivering the following services to our clients:
- Applications for deletion of entries on Police National Computer (PNC)
- Representations to the DBS where clients have received a “Minded to Bar” letter or “intention to include” on Barred List letter
- Appeal an entry which has been disclosed on an “Enhanced DBS Check”
Case file management to include;
- opening files and ensuring file compliance
- taking new enquiries
- taking full instructions
- providing advice
- drafting representations
- liaison with referees
- drafting applications
- ensure file compliance with our regulatory requirements
We work in a fast paced, high pressured environment dealing with individuals going through extremely stressful times from a wide variety of backgrounds. Sensitivity and confidentiality are crucial.
Essential skills required:
- Strong IT skills including experience of using Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience within the criminal justice system would be an advantage
- Strong prioritisation skills – an awareness of urgency in the industry we work in
- Strong organisation skills
- Excellent Communication Skills including telephone customer service
- Preferable skills
- Knowledge of One Advanced case software (formerly ALB/Iris/Mountain) preferred
- Law Degree/ Legal Practice Course
- Olliers Wellness Programme: Olliers organise a variety of trips, which enables colleagues to enjoy some non-legal time in office hours as part of Olliers wellness programme. Recent events include Museum trips, country walks and yoga
- Employee Assistance Programme: Includes assessment, short-term counselling and referral services for employees and their immediate family.
Who we are
Olliers is firmly established as one of the UK’s leading criminal defence and regulatory law firms. Based in Manchester and London we specialise in the defence of individuals, and organisations facing criminal and regulatory allegations and professionals facing professional disciplinary investigations.
Our senior lawyers are all leaders in their field. Olliers is ranked by both the authoritative guides to the profession, namely, the Legal 500 2024 and Chambers Guide 2024 and we are a Times Best Law firm 2024.
We are the current Manchester Legal Awards Crime Team of the Year; an award we have won six times. We have won Law Firm of the Year at the same awards twice in the last three years.
All applications for this role should be submitted by way of CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by email. No agencies please.