Following the success of our 2018 programme, Olliers Solicitors are once again offering week long internships at our Manchester city centre office to graduates and undergraduates who are interested in a career in criminal defence work.
This is an exciting and challenging area of law and will provide our interns with an opportunity to spend a week with a leading Manchester based criminal defence firm.
What will I experience during the Internship?
During your week we aim to ensure that you:
- Attend a number of police interviews with suspects.
- Accompany our Magistrates’ Court advocates to the Magistrates’ Court.
- There is a possibility of observing a trial.
- Shadow our Higher Courts Advocates (or Counsel) in the Crown Court at either Crown Square or Minshull Street, Manchester.
- Observe client appointments and if possible a prison visit.
- Review files and undergo a mini induction with our Practice Manager.
- Speak to our senior lawyers and hopefully Managing Director, Matthew Claughton about a career in criminal defence work.
Criminal defence work is not for the faint hearted but for many practitioners it is the most interesting and rewarding area of law to practice. Last year’s programme was an outstanding success and our 2019 trainee was recruited from our internship scheme.
How can I apply?
If you want to experience a week in the life of Olliers Solicitors during the summer of 2018 please contact us by email with CV and a covering letter explaining why you feel attracted to a career in criminal law.
All applications should be by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and the closing date is Friday 26th April 2019. The internships will be based at our fantastic state of the art Manchester city centre office at Third Floor, 196 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 3WF.
Olliers Solicitors – Leading Criminal Defence Law Firm
Olliers is a leading criminal defence law firm with offices in both Manchester and London. We have a highly experienced team of lawyers based in our Manchester office and specialist teams dealing with fraud, serious crime, sexual offences, asset recovery, regulatory, motor offences and inquests. We are ranked as a top tier crime/fraud firm in the current editions of the Legal 500 and Chambers Guide.