Olliers Solicitors is firmly established as one of the UK’s leading criminal law firms. Based in Manchester we defend allegations of crime, fraud, regulatory breaches, sexual offences, asset recovery, motoring law, inquests and insolvency.
Our senior lawyers are all leaders in their field. Olliers is consistently ranked as a top tier firm by both the Legal 500 and the Chambers guide. We are a Times Top 200 Law Firm and were ‘Highly Commended’ at the 2022 Modern Law Awards in the Boutique Law Firm of the Year category (11+ employees).
We have a formidable reputation for our pro-active approach to the investigative stage of a criminal case focusing on crisis management, discretion and nipping an investigation in the bud. We are known for our creative and dynamic attitude to problem solving offering a tailored approach to every case.
The majority of the work we undertake is privately funded, although we undertake publicly funded cases in appropriate circumstances.
We are now looking to recruit a litigation support assistant to assist with our increasing caseload. Please note this is purely an administrative role and not a paralegal position.
Litigation Support Assistant
Olliers Solicitors, Third Floor, 196 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 3WF. Please note this is not a remote job and you will need to attend our offices in person.
35 hours per week: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm with a 1-hour lunch break
Subject to experience
The successful candidate will be working within a team to provide administrative support to the entire firm.
To provide administrative support to the firm which will include but is not limited to:
- Greeting clients and reception duties;
- Receiving and making telephone calls, recording and passing on accurate messages;
- Digital dictation (audio) typing and copy typing;
- Scanning, and photocopying;
- Dealing with post;
- Opening and maintaining client files;
- Extensive diary management;
- Collating trial bundles;
- Taking debit/credit card payments over the phone; and
- Billing: Raising invoices and sending invoices to clients and on occasions assisting accounts in credit control.
We work in a fast paced, high pressured environment dealing with individuals going through extremely stressful times from a wide variety of backgrounds. Sensitivity and confidentiality are crucial.
- At least 1 year’s legal experience is essential;
- Strong IT skills including at least 1 years’ experience using Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Desirable but not essential: Knowledge of One Advanced case software, formerly Iris/Mountain;
- Excellent communication skills including telephone customer service;
- Strong prioritisation skills – an awareness of urgency in the industry we work in;
- Strong organisation skills;
- A positive attitude;
- Willing to listen and learn;
- Approachable and non-judgmental of our clients and the allegations they face;
- Strict adherence to our duty of confidentiality;
- Preference of working as a team rather than independently; and
- Motivated by helping others (clients and your colleagues).
How to apply
All applications for this role should be submitted by way of CV and covering letter to email@example.com by email by 4 pm on 6th May 2022. No agencies please.