Olliers Solicitors is recruiting for an experienced Senior Administrator to lead our Business Support Team in delivering optimum levels client care whilst also providing administrative support to the Senior Management Team.
Olliers Solicitors, Third Floor, 196 Deansgate Manchester M3 3WF
37.5 Hours per week: Monday to Friday 08.30 – 17.00hrs with a 1-hour lunch break (fixed hours, office based, no remote working)
Subject to experience
Business support team: A core objective at Olliers is the provision of first class representation to individuals facing investigation and prosecution. Your role will involve the supervision of the business support team in achieving that objective from the very first call to the conclusion of a matter. You will oversee the allocation of work within the team and provide standby assistance by answering telephone calls, typing and various support tasks such as invoicing. You will ensure reception is covered at all times and oversee secretarial support between departments.
Police Station Co-ordination and rotas: You will be responsible for the allocation of fee earner attendance at police stations and preparation of rota’s.
Administrative assistance to the Senior Management Team:
To include but not limited to the following tasks:
- Legal Aid Agency contract – Support SMT to monitor our LAA requirements to include record keeping/file reviews.
- Lexcel – Lexcel is our legal practice quality mark for client care, compliance and practice management. You will support SMT to ensure all fee earners and support staff are compliant with Lexcel requirements by maintaining central records and providing administrative assistance with Lexcel audits.
- Premises/Equipment – Support SMT in liaison with third party services providers such as cleaning, confidential waste, phones lines, messaging services. external IT company and Advanced Legal Software Support relating to all issues relating to the Accounts and Casework software.
We work in a fast paced, high pressured environment dealing with individuals going through extremely stressful times from a wide variety of backgrounds. Sensitivity and confidentiality are crucial.
Essential skills required;
- Strong IT skills including experience of using Outlook, Word and Excel
- Secretarial support experience in a legal setting (ideally within a criminal firm)
- Experience within the criminal justice system would be an advantage
- Strong prioritisation skills – an awareness of urgency in the industry we work in
- Strong organisation skills.
- Excellent Communication Skills including telephone customer service.
- Preferable skills
- Knowledge of One Advanced case software (formerly ALB/Iris/Mountain) preferred
- Experience of Lexcel quality mark preferred
- Experience of Legal Aid Contract Requirements preferred
- Olliers Wellness Programme
Olliers organise a variety of trips, which enables colleagues to enjoy some non-legal time in office hours as part of Olliers wellness programme. Recent events include Museum trips, country walks and yoga
- Employee Assistance Programme
Includes assessment, short-term counselling and referral services for employees and their immediate family.
Who we are
Olliers is firmly established as one of the UK’s leading criminal defence and regulatory law firms. Based in Manchester and London we specialise in the defence of individuals, and organisations facing criminal and regulatory allegations and professionals facing professional disciplinary investigations.
Our senior lawyers are all leaders in their field. Olliers is consistently ranked as a top tier firm by both the Legal 500 and the Chambers guide and we are a Times Best Law firm 2024.
We are the current Manchester Legal Awards Crime Team of the Year, an award we have won six times. We have won Law Firm of the Year at the same awards twice in the last three years.
All applications for this role should be submitted by way of CV and covering letter to email@example.com by email. No agencies please.